Leicestershire Sustainable Farming & Food Chain Workshop
Event date: Tuesday, 27 October 2020 - 10:00am
We would like to invite you to join us in a virtual Sustainable Farming and Food Chain Workshop.
Whilst focusing on Leicestershire, it will cover the wider picture within the East Midlands.
Date: October the 27th 2020
Time: 10.00 -13.00
If you would like to attend, please
We will send you the meeting links,
agenda and workshop details.
We aim to;
• Set the food and farming scene, both nationally and locally.
• Inform on what is already in place in Leicestershire and the East Midlands.
• Look at how our food and farming will adapt to the future.
• Discuss purchasing and procurement.
• What support can be offered with public awareness, marketing, closer communications and partnerships?
• What skills might be needed in the future?
• What does best practice look like?
• What is missing?
• How can we take some proactive, tangible next steps?
Delivering wholesome and affordable food has always been a priority for farmers and food processors. There are challenging times ahead with increased climate and environmental concerns, changes to rural support and our trading relationships as a result of Brexit.
With an opening introduction by Minette Batters, the president of the National Farmers Union we will look to the solutions for the future we face. There will be contributions from Leicestershire County Council, Matthew O’Callaghan (Melton Food Partnership), Brooksby Melton College, local farmers and food processors. Phil Jarvis - Head of Farming, Training and Partnerships from the GWCT Allerton Project will Chair proceedings.
We envisage this workshop will both build and continue to connect several different stakeholders to support some common aims and ambitions.
If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com. We will do the rest and send you the meeting links, agenda and workshop details.