Who’s it For?
Are you a grower, farmer or horticulturalist wishing that you could make the transition to less pesticides, less chemicals, less expenditure – but still with a high production output? Are you interested in transitioning to a more sustainable method but not sure where to start? Want to meet with like-minded people and gain insights from experts?
We are delighted to announce the second Agricology Open Day
on Thursday 14th September 2017
, with an exploration of agriculture, horticulture and farming innovations. Hosted by Daylesford Organic Farm in the Cotswolds, farm manager Richard Smith will lead a tour of the various farm enterprises, supported by our guest speakers and industry specialists.
After a morning coffee, guests will board trailers for their tour of the farm, stopping at various exploration areas where Agricology partners and experts are scheduled to speak, providing additional perspective on the latest in practical, sustainable agriculture. Areas will include:
- Friesians and the dairy (incl. vet meds & husbandry)
- Market garden & field horticulture
- Beef and sheep – breed selection for low input systems
- Laying hens and turkeys
- Forage crops, pastures & cover crops
- Integrating livestock into arable
- Honey bees & other pollinators
- Arable (incl. weed management, pests & diseases)
- Wetlands, hedges, woods and other habitats
- Renewable energy
To discuss these topics, we have a number of excellent contributors lined up, including:
- Tim Field, Daylesford
- Richard Smith, Daylesford
- Jez Taylor, Daylesford
- Katie Bliss, Agricology
- Alistair Leake, GWCT
- Susanne Padel, ORC
- Sam Baldwyn, Hook Norton Vets
- Georgina Key, AHDB
- Ian Wilkinson, Cotswold Seeds
- Nicola Cannon, RAU
- Nicola Bradbear, Bees for Development
- Kate Pressland, Innovative Farmers
- Alice Midmer, LEAF
Thursday 14th September at Daylesford Organic Farm, Near Kingham, Gloucestershire, GL56 0YG
Please arrive for 10.30am for refreshments. The day finishes at 16:00.
Pre-booking is essential, please follow the link here. £40 per person includes refreshments and lunch.
*Suitable attire for a farm walk is recommended*
For more information on the day please visit www.agricology.co.uk or contact Michole.Jeynes@daylesford.com.
Associated Agricology Partner Organisation(s):
The information contained above reflects the views of the author/s and does not necessarily reflect that of Agricology and its partners.