IPM NET Kick-off meeting
ADAS are hosting this kick-off event for IPM NET – a knowledge exchange network to advance IPM, and the start of a pilot year of this initiative. The day will mostly be discussion based, sharing experiences in IPM and priorities for improving strategies via the knowledge exchange network.
Whether you have extensive or limited experience in IPM, we welcome farmers and advisors who are keen on exploring the development of a knowledge exchange network to facilitate advancements in IPM for all. This meeting aims to provide you with valuable insights, practical knowledge, and a platform for open conversation. Join us at Lyth Building, Brackenhurst campus, Nottingham Trent University, where we will be launching the IPM NET pilot year, sharing IPM approaches, experiences and the challenges you have faced and how we can address these as a community. We will also be providing a networking lunch. Attending the kick-off meeting does not commit you to participating in the IPM NET Pilot.
- 09:30-10:00 Arrival and Refreshments
- 10:00-10:05 Welcome and Housekeeping. Dr Sarah Kendall
- 10:05-10:30 Plenary: David Felce, Midloe Grange Farm
David Felce of Midloe Grange Farm and R.C Felce & Son (established 1954) will discuss his motivations and considerations for Integrated Pest Management and how networking has influenced his approach.
- 10:30 – 11:00 Benchmarking IPM – How to address the challenges. Dr Neil Paveley and Dr Ellie Dearlove
- 11:00 – 11:50 Breakout session 1 – IPM in practice. Interactive discussion led by Ella Bradfield
- 11:50- 12:20 Break and Refreshments
- 12:20 – 13:05 Results from the Defra Pest and Disease survey and how to collect reliable observation data. Dr Isabelle Simms and Dr Duncan Coston
- 13:05 – 13:50 Lunch
- 13:50 – 14:20 Bringing Novel Approaches onto farm. Andrew Christie (JHI)
Sharing examples of IPM case studies and how knowledge exchange networks can evolve IPM strategies.
- 14:20- 15:00 Breakout session 2 – Ideas Lab. Interactive discussion on IPM innovation
- 15:00 -15:20 Wrap up and close. Dr Mark Ramsden
We look forward to hosting you on 16th February at 09:30am.
If you would like to attend, you must reserve a ticket for FREE by clicking here. These tickets are limited so make sure to reserve a ticket should this event be of interest to you.