Salisbury Monitor Farm: A ro-ro journey (robots and row spacing)
Join AHDB for the second Salisbury Monitor Farm meeting of winter 2023/24.
- Sam Pociecha (CPM)
- David Passmore (Farmer & ADAS trial host)
- Will Smith (NIAB)
- Guy Peckett (Small Robot Co)
This meeting will cover
- Monitor Farm winter-crop sowing progress, autumn residual programmes and associated agronomy – Sam Pociecha of Crop Management Partners – the host Monitor Farm agronomist
- Cereal row spacing and plant populations trials report – David Passmore, host farmer of the ADAS trial, and Will Smith of NIAB discuss recent results and implications for optimising seed rates, septoria, other diseases, yield and ultimately your profitability
- The robotic future – Guy Peckett, Small Robot Company. A chance to see a working robot (demo subject to weather conditions) and hear about its current capabilities, including mapping of weeds, targeted physical controls and future plans
Registration and refreshments will be available from 10:30am, with presentations commencing at 11:00am and a light lunch at 1:00pm.
BASIS and NRoSO points will be available for attending.
The event is free to attend, but please register to allow us to cater accordingly.